KinKi Kids World is for all English-speaking KinKi Kids fans who, despite the language barrier, have found themselves falling in love with KinKi Kids and their music, this is my humble attempt to bring us all closer to the world of KinKi Kids - Domoto Tsuyoshi 堂本刚 (244) and Domoto Koichi 堂本光一(51).

The contents of this blog are based primarily on contents found in other Chinese blogs, as I have only just started learning Japanese (which is とても むずがしです i.e. very difficult). I wish to thank all the Chinese Kinki Kids fans for their hard work and efforts in translating the Japanese materials/information on the KinKi Kids.

Created on 21 Sept 2008.


Note: If you are an only fan or cannot accept KKL, please do not view this blog.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Domoto Brothers #403 (091004): 1st Performance of 29th single "Swan Song"

KinKi Kids performed for the first time their latest 29th single "Swan Song"!

The tune is a light fast catchy type but with sad lyrics. Fluffy mentioned that it sounds like anime song type and I do agree with her. I quite like this new song but this type of songs need to be tagged to a touching storyline (like anime) or else if just by itself, it may not have much depth. The lyrics are slightly repetitive, the high notes are very high and Koichi seems to be straining, and the stanza part sounds a bit like Machi's "Andalusia"......I half expected the jacket swinging dance to anytime pop out! Well, I doubt we will see KinKi Kids dance for this song though it would be nice to see them dance after such a long time. Oops! I sound like I don't like the song......I actually do like the song but I guess I've been waiting so long for their joint composition and was hoping for a song with more depth......

Let's hope the PV is good and can be a storyline type of PV, though I wouldn't hold out much hope for it. More likely than not, JE will give us another "mysterious black and white dots floating around dunno for what" or the "ugly pencil drawings dunno for what" type of PV. Let's hope we don't get a PV with a swan floating around dunno for what.....Orz

After translating the lyrics of Swan Song, I cannot get out of my mind images of the two of them dressed up in those early days American era black longcoat (that's Koichi) and frilly frock (erhem...that's Tsuyoshi and please add a parasol with lace... :P ) at the wharf with Koichi on the shipdeck looking longingly at his beloved Tsuyoshi as Tsuyoshi runs along the wharf frantically waving farewell and trying to hold back tears! Ahhhh...so tragically romantic, don't you think? Fufufufu! I so wish I can draw it out.

Anyway, Tsuyoshi looks tired during the telecast of DB and doesn't seem to be able to immerse himself in the song. That sort of diminished the impact of the song. I read from another blog that Tsuyoshi would have had to rush back from his concert yesterday for the live telecast of Domoto Brothers and would have been physically tired out. For once, I actually liked the song more after listening to the mp3 instead of watching the video clip. Orz...my fan "skill level" has actually "transcended" to the next stage where Tsuyoshi's mood actually affects mine too!!!


Credit to ikeikedomoto for the YouTube video:



Credit to 阿桃魚缸 for the Japanese lyrics:

スワンゾング
作詩:松本 隆
作曲:瀨川浩平


青空に目を伏せて ぼくは船に乗り込む
桟橋(さんばし)を走ってる 君の髪 雪崩れて(なだれて)
死にゆく鳥が綺麗な声で 歌うように波が泣いた

君の優しい白い手 海の青にも染まらず
どこでボタン間違え 未来がずれたのか
ぼくと生きた数年が 君を綺麗に変えたね
すぐ泣いた君がこんなに 冷静装う(よそおう)

辛いばかりだね 遠距離恋愛
楽しくないのに 続けるのは無理か

ほんとうに終わりなの 君はコクリ頷く(うなずく)
桟橋の端に立ち 手を振っていたけど
潮騒(しおさい)の中 無声映画の ようにひざを折って泣いた

ほんとうに終わりなの 君はコクリ頷く
桟橋の端に立ち 手を振っていたけど
青空に目を伏せて ぼくは船に乗り込む
桟橋を走ってる 君の髪 雪崩れて
死にゆく鳥が綺麗な声で 歌うように波が泣いた


English Translation:

Facing the blue sky with my eyes cast down, I boarded the ship
You ran along the wharf, your hair flying in the air
The waves wept, the beautiful strains of the last song sung by the dying swan

Your gentle pale hands, undyed by the blueness of the sea
Where did it go wrong, causing our future to deviate?
In the few years we have been together, you have become beautiful
Despite being near tears, you try to put on a calm facade

Long distance relationship is but filled with pain
Without happiness, it would be difficult to keep this relationship going.

With your nod in assent, it has really come to an end
At the end of the wharf, waving your hands at me
Amidst the roars of the sea, like a silent movie
You fell down on your knees as you finally let go of your tears

With your nod in assent, it has really come to an end
At the end of the wharf, waving your hands at me
Facing the blue sky with my eyes cast down, I boarded the ship
You ran along the wharf, your hair flying in the air
The waves wept, the beautiful strains of the last song sung by the dying swan

No comments: