KinKi Kids World is for all English-speaking KinKi Kids fans who, despite the language barrier, have found themselves falling in love with KinKi Kids and their music, this is my humble attempt to bring us all closer to the world of KinKi Kids - Domoto Tsuyoshi 堂本刚 (244) and Domoto Koichi 堂本光一(51).

The contents of this blog are based primarily on contents found in other Chinese blogs, as I have only just started learning Japanese (which is とても むずがしです i.e. very difficult). I wish to thank all the Chinese Kinki Kids fans for their hard work and efforts in translating the Japanese materials/information on the KinKi Kids.

Created on 21 Sept 2008.


Note: If you are an only fan or cannot accept KKL, please do not view this blog.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

KinKi Kids Drama: 33 Minute Detective (33分探偵) is coming back in 2009!!!

Official website of 33 Minutes Detective: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/33tantei/index.html


Tsuyoshi's 2008 summer drama - 33 Minute Detective is coming back! It will be shown at 11.10 pm on 5 consecutive Saturdays:-
1) Special - 21 Mar 2009 (It's the 3rd week of March, i.e. 33. Get it?!)
2) Episode 10 - 28 Mar 2009
3) Episode 11 - 4 Apr 2009
4) Episode 12 - 11 Apr 2009
5) Episode 13 - 18 Apr 2009
6) Episode 14 - 25 Apr 2009

In this drama, Tsuyoshi acts as a detective named Kurama Rokuro (鞍馬六郎) who has to stretch a case to the full 33 minutes, notwithstanding that the case appears simple and the answer already known! Sounds ridiculous? Well, it is supposed to be a whacky type of detective drama-comedy. And why 33 minutes? Well, that's because that's the total available screening time in that TV time slot after lessing out the commercials. Hence, Tsuyoshi must stretch the case to fill up the whole time slot! Can faint, right?!

Interestingly, this drama had received very extreme opposing feedback, even from the fans! One camp thinks that this drama is absolutely hilarious whilst the other camp thinks that it is totally silly and unfunny. I have to say that when I watched the first 2 episodes, I did not find it that funny. I was quite disappointed cuz it has been a while since Tsuyoshi did a drama and I felt it was a waste of his acting talent. However, when I carried on watching the subsequent episodes, I have to admit that there were scenes where I was laughing hilariously and figuratively laughing until rolling on the floor!

It was then that I understood why this drama's most captivated audience were actually the kids. This drama requires us to put aside our adultish attitudes, our relentless search for logic and rationale, our disclination towards silliness, but instead to simply innocently and naively laugh out loud at silly wild unbelievable uncool things! It became easier and easier for me to laugh when watching the drama, though I have to admit that at the back of my mind, I can still hear my adult self going, "This is sooooo silly...". Oh well, I'm glad at least that I could still laugh at those silly antics in the show. So that concludes my two cents' worth analysis of this drama! *fufufu*

Well, notwithstanding the disputing camp, this drama still did well enough to top the Goo TV ranking chart for 2008 late night drama! The drama's highest rating was 12.2%! Wow! That's real high for a late night drama. Some of the peak hour drama don't even hit double-digit! Congratulations to Tsuyoshi and the drama production team!!!


I set out below the specials from the DVD that has been kindly uploaded by pinkrain24451 onto YouTube. These specials are essentially compilations of the best scenes from the drama. You must not miss them!


Ending Freeze Scenes:
At the end of each episode, the actors will have to act out a freeze scene. It's really hilarious watching them trying to maintain whatever are their frozen poses for about 5-10 seconds! Watch out for the alien! *fufufu*



Transport Modes:
If you think travelling around using a car is boring, this will definitely be your cup of tea!!! My favourite is the panda bear! Lol!



Ugly Face Scenes:
Even up to now, I still cannot understand why Tsuyoshi likes to do this ugly face thingy......Believe me, he thought of this ugly face himself......



Investigation Scenes:
If anybody thinks being a detective or police investigating a crime is tough, well......this team's investigating exploits beat them all!!!



Phantom of the Opera's new song - The Crab Song???
Tsuyoshi is so kawaii!!! He's singing about a crab and showing how you do a crab dance move to take off the mask of the Phantom! Hahahahahaha!!!



The Sailor Song - Which spectacles shall I wear???
I confess......99.99999% of the time, I think Tsuyoshi is kawaii and this is also no exception! He's singing "Which spectacles? Which spectacles?" most of the time! Kekekeke!



33 Minutes Detective's Infamous Silly Lines:
There are a couple of infamous silly lines in this drama. For example, there is this scene where he's explaining his analysis of the case and as he talks, it gets sillier and siller and even he himself knows it and he ends off with "...and something like this and like that". So the accused asked him what's "something like this and like that"? His answer was, "Something like this and like that is something like this and like that!" I'm sorry to say this but I was laughing my head off by then.



33 Minutes Detective Reporting Time:
This is a bit repetitive but definitely worth watching to the end to see each of Tsuyoshi's funny antics when he reports the time!

1 comment:

ryo said...

Thanks for the resume, Chrissy~
Up until now, I haven't finished watching the drama. Those who subbed the drama stopped at episode 3 :(
And I'm still hoping for 'rather serious' drama from him xD