KinKi Kids World is for all English-speaking KinKi Kids fans who, despite the language barrier, have found themselves falling in love with KinKi Kids and their music, this is my humble attempt to bring us all closer to the world of KinKi Kids - Domoto Tsuyoshi 堂本刚 (244) and Domoto Koichi 堂本光一(51).

The contents of this blog are based primarily on contents found in other Chinese blogs, as I have only just started learning Japanese (which is とても むずがしです i.e. very difficult). I wish to thank all the Chinese Kinki Kids fans for their hard work and efforts in translating the Japanese materials/information on the KinKi Kids.

Created on 21 Sept 2008.


Note: If you are an only fan or cannot accept KKL, please do not view this blog.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Domoto Brothers #371 (090118): Tsuyoshi sings Mr Children's Shirushi しるし


Tsuyoshi's rendition of Mr Children's Shirushi:
Credit to Dsarts5673 for the YouTube video:


This was the first time I've heard this song. Other than the chorus, I thought the song's melody line seemed quite flat. I decided to go listen to the original rendition of Shirushi by Mr Children, and I have to say, the song sounded very melodic when sung by them. So why did I think Tsuyoshi's rendition is flat when I first heard him sing?! So after listening to the original rendition and checking out the meaning of the lyrics, I re-listened to Tsuyoshi's singing and that's when my heart was stopped. I know now why I thought Tsuyoshi's singing sounded flat and unmelodic. You know, when you want to cry but refuse to do so, your voice is sort of choked up and your heart feels like it is being wrenched out from your body? Well, that was how Tsuyoshi was singing Shirushi. When Mr Children sings Shirushi, it's beautiful and sad; when Tsuyoshi sings Shirushi, it's raw and heart-wrenching. I am always amazed at how Tsuyoshi can interpret a song so differently from the original singer and yet, it sounds right. Try it out and you will know what I mean when I say it's very difficult to not copy the original singer's style. Tsuyoshi's singing is the type that will touch your soul if you are willing to put aside the conventional music preferences.



This episode is quite hilarious! The title headings and the videos are enough to speak for themselves.

KinKi Kids' Lesson No. 1: Ways not to flirt with a gal!



KinKi Kids' Lesson No. 2: I dun like it even if you stand far away from her!
Take note of someone's face at the back. Everybody is laughing away but he has a very strained smile on his face. Kekekeke!


KinKi Kids' Lesson No. 3: It's "Hore-rare-chya-u", not "Horare-rare-chya-u"!!!



KinKi Kids' Lesson No. 4: Never doubt that you are loved!

And right at the end, we have Koichi pointing his finger at Tsuyo and saying with such a cheeky smile on his face: "This is the evidence that you have fallen for me!"
(I hope we will have a chance to see what exactly happened that caused Koichi to have this outburst! *Fufufufu*)


And Tsuyoshi looked so kawaii when he couldn't help laughing out and replied something like: "Oh, is that so?"
(Hahahaha...notice that there was no denial from Tsuyo! And his expression looks quite coquettish, right?! And he's wearing that notorous diamond ring. Kekekeke!)

1 comment:

neri-chan said...

gomen. but can you tell me where i can download the whole episode of this?